Fiber Broadband Association
Women in Fiber Group
We believe the world is a better place when women’s voices are heard. We believe companies are more successful when women are allowed to reach their full potential. We believe it is up to us to help identify, develop and promote women in the Fiber Broadband industry as well as technology, telecommunications, construction and manufacturing. We pledge to use this forum to help women succeed in the Fiber Broadband industry.
To the FBA and the Industry
- Demonstrate the verifiable link between women in leadership and improved business performance. Identify our own potential leaders.
- Represent women in fields where women are not often well-represented.
- Highlight different career paths for women within fiber, telecommunications and technology.
- Identify challenges particular to women in the workforce in these industries and possible solutions.
To The Member Companies and Individual Members
- Networking: Provide opportunities for connections, networking, and building relationships with other women in fiber of all areas and experience.
- Professional Development & Leadership: Deliver professional development and leadership opportunities. Emphasize pathways for success and advancement.
- Workplace Education: Identify relevant everyday workplace issues for discussion and education. Learn to navigate challenges, varied situations, and problem solving. Find solutions.
- Recognition: Create opportunities to recognize different career paths held by women in fiber. Highlight those who demonstrate dedication and hard work within the field, the leadership of industry veterans, the talent and potential of developing leaders, and the stories that inspire us.
Women in Fiber Spotlight
Fiber Broadband Association’s Women In Fiber (WIF) Group is thrilled to announce its new initiative – Women in Fiber Member Spotlight. As our Women in Fiber Group celebrates its one year anniversary and FBA continues to focus on workforce and skills issues in our space, the WIF Steering Committee has launched a Spotlight series to highlight monthly different roles and careers for women in fiber, telecom, tech, and construction.
Do you know a female leader in the fiber broadband industry who deserves recognition? The Women in Fiber Steering Committee will select honorees monthly who will then be featured on the Women in Fiber LinkedIn page and our website. The next nominations form is due August 11, 2020. Winners must be part of an FBA member company to be considered. We will announce future monthly deadlines for nominations on a rolling basis in Optics.
Please email email@example.com with completed nominations forms and with any questions.
Congratulations to FBA’s Women in Fiber group’s Inaugural Woman in Fiber Spotlight, Kimberly Pitcher!
Nominated by Jason Dauby, Chief Technology Officer at Smithville Communications, Ellettsville, Indiana. Jason had this to say about Kimberly: “Kim is a role model, the only female in plant engineering where she brilliantly manages a team of men. She demonstrates calm efficiency, managing diverse issues as they arise, coordinating with the network engineering, construction, and I&R departments.” Kim frequently works additional hours to ensure projects are on-time, mentor engineering staff, and exhibits the motto she keeps on her whiteboard: “Make Smithville Better”....
Meet our Steering Committee
In order from left to right. Click here to learn more.
Kim Hartwell, Corning
Tanya Kanczuzewski, Dura-Line
Mary Ellen Grom, AFL
Alexa Edens, KGPCo
Holly Ruser, Graybar