At the Fiber Broadband Association (FBA), the health and safety of our members and everyone in our community is most important. During these unprecedented times, FBA remains committed to providing our members with timely content regarding COVID-19. We will continue to closely monitor the pandemic and update this web page as necessary.
Fiber for Breakfast Discussions
Fiber for Breakfast is a weekly 30-minute live video discussion hosted by our President and CEO, Lisa R. Youngers, and featuring industry thought leaders on current topics that explore fiber as the critical infrastructure for 21st century communications as well as other connectivity and workplace issues presented during these challenging times.
Fiber for Breakfast takes place every Wednesday at 10am ET.
Click here to review our recorded episodes and to register for future presentations.
Websites and Resources
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- White House Guidelines
- State Regulatory Action List (Inteserra)
- Johns Hopkins Global Tracker
- COVID-19 Consumer Warnings and Safety Tips (FCC)
- Home Network Tips for the Coronavirus Pandemic (FCC)
- Identifying Critical Infrastructure During COVID-19 (CISA)
- Information and Updates on COVID-19 (CISA)
- How To File for Unemployment and What To Do After Losing Your Job
- Emergency Personnel Housing
- MarketWatch - Telecommunications
The Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Bill was signed into law on 3/6/20: https://appropriations.house.gov/news/press-releases/house-passes-coronavirus-supplemental
- Families First Corona Virus Act passed the House 3/14/20 and the Senate on 3/18/20: https://appropriations.house.gov/news/press-releases/house-passes-families-first-coronavirus-response-act
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES) was signed into law on 3/27/20: https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/senate-bill/3548/text
- April 15, 2020: Fiber deployment continuity through COVID-19 and beyond (Render Networks)
- March 27, 2020: U.S. Department Of Labor Publishes More Guidance for Workers and Employers Explaining Paid Sick Leave, Expanded Family and Medical Leave Benefit
- March 26, 2020: U.S. Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division (WHD) has announced more guidance to provide information to workers and employers about how each will be able to take advantage of the protections and relief offered by the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) when it takes effect on April 1, 2020
- March 25, 2020: House Supplemental Funding Bill to Allot $3B for Tech Modernization Fund
- March 24, 2020: Federal contractors face great uncertainty as coronavirus spreads
- March 20, 2020: OMB Memo on Managing Federal Contract Performance Issues Associated with the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- March 18, 2020: Five Ways the Coronavirus will affect the connectivity and tech industry in 2020 )
Have your own resource to share?
FBA welcomes content from our members to share with others. If you have links to valuable resources or an example of crisis communications of your own, send them to Doug Weinbaum at email@example.com.