The BitterRoot Economic Development District (BREDD) in partnership with the City of Missoula and Missoula County are seeking to retain a qualified consultant to conduct a Master Plan for a Community Fiber Optic Services Strategy that determines a business and operational model to increase competition and reduce rates in order to deliver affordable high speed/high capacity broadband for the benefit of economic development in the region. The Master Plan will provide information that local government needs to make strategic decisions on investing in potential solutions to accelerate the deployment of high speed/high capacity broadband. The entire Request for Qualifications can be accessed at www.bredd.org.
Summarized Scope of Work:
The Master Plan will include the geography of City of Missoula and Missoula County. The deliverable will be a Comprehensive Master Plan for a Community Fiber Optic Services Strategy.
· Identify Current Demand
· Analyze Service Models, Ownership, and Operations
· Develop a Fiber Ring Build Plan
· Develop an Entrance Facility/Shared Access Network Build Plan (aka Last Mile Plan) as an alternative or adjunct to the Fiber Ring Build Plan
· Financial Sustainability Plan
· Outline Next Steps for Implementation of the Master Plan
· Up to a total of $60,000 is available for this project through a Big Sky Economic Development Trust Fund grant from the Montana Department of Commerce and support from various donors.
· BREDD anticipates that one contract will be issued for the entire scope of work, to one individual or organization.
· Proposals are due no later than 4:000 p.m. MDT on April 6, 2015.
· Contact Marcy Allen with questions at [login to unmask email] or 406-258-3435.