The Leisure World of Maryland Corporation (LWMC) issues this request for information (RFI) to solicit responses from prospective providers to offer internet, video, and other services via a bulk agreement to a private, gated community of approximately 8,000 residents. LWMC seeks one or more private sector providers to offer three categories of services:
- Category A. Deliver basic video and internet service (with optional landline-type telephone) to 5,660 units in 576 buildings via a bulk agreement with LWMC, beginning no later than June 1, 2020.
- Category B. Explore wireless-enabled possibilities for Internet of Things (IoT), fifth-generation cellular (5G), and discounted cellphone rates.
- Category C. Develop long-term, campus-wide networking solutions to expand and improve LWMC Wi-Fi, closed-circuit television (CCTV), and telecasts of public meetings and events.
As a first step, all interested respondents are asked to submit a letter of intent (LOI) to respond and a signed nondisclosure agreement (NDA, included in Appendix A of this RFI) via email by 4:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) July 9, 2018, to Tom Snyder, Assistant General Manager for Facilities ([login to unmask email]).
LWMC will hold a mandatory pre-bid conference at 10:00 AM EDT on July 17, 2018. All vendors that intend to respond to the RFI must attend the pre-bid conference either in person or via telephone. Telephone attendees should call (202) 930-7923 and use access code 76131837.
The onsite conference will be held at:
3701 Rossmoor Blvd.
Silver Spring, MD 20906
Potential respondents to this RFI are expected to participate in a site visit to Leisure World of Maryland no later than July 24, 2018. All site visits should be coordinated through Tom Snyder at [login to unmask email] with a minimum 48-hour notice. Site visits can be scheduled in coordination with the mandatory pre-bid conference for vendors that plan to attend in person.
The following is the schedule for responding to this RFI. The schedule is subject to change.
- June 29, 2018 – RFI released
- July 9, 2018 – Deadline for submitting non-binding LOI to respond to RFI and NDA
- July 11, 2018 – LWMC releases confidential maps, network information, and other details to respondents that have submitted an LOI and NDA
- July 17, 2018 – Mandatory pre-bid conference (onsite or teleconference)
- July 24, 2018 – Deadline for site visit
- July 31, 2018 – Deadline for submitting questions to LWMC
- August 7, 2018 – LWMC emails questions/answers to respondents that have submitted an LOI and NDA
- September 11, 2018 – RFI responses due
All correspondence regarding this RFI should be directed to Tom Snyder at [login to unmask email]. LWMC cannot guarantee that any correspondence directed elsewhere will be received or considered.