TechAdvantage, San Diego — February 27, 2017 — Alianza Inc., the cloud voice platform company, announced today a fiber VoIP solution designed to power new revenue and significantly reduce complexity in managing voice services. Created for electric cooperatives, fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) ISPs, telcos and utilities, the cloud-based solution helps these service providers succeed with feature-rich phone services for residential and business customers.
Fiber broadband is the fastest-growing broadband technology, and FTTH now passes over 30 million homes in the United States, with small and midsized service providers playing a bigger role, according to RVA LLC. A study by Broadbandtrends (Global Service Provider Survey — Gigabit Broadband Services) indicates that nearly all service provider respondents with Gigabit broadband offered or would offer voice services. With voice adoption rates by other broadband providers averaging nearly 40 percent, phone services offer margin-rich additional revenue for these operators.
“As new fiber ISPs enter the market to help meet the demand for ultrafast broadband, technology partners can help these providers bolster their service portfolios,” commented Teresa Mastrangelo, Principal Analyst with Broadbandtrends. “Alianza’s cloud-based VoIP solution helps fiber ISPs quickly get to market with broadband phone services, helping increase subscriber lifetime value and retention and accelerate ROI.”
Alianza’s Cloud Voice Platform provides a comprehensive, tightly integrated VoIP solution that is easy to manage and provides a success-based business model to maximize margins and reduce risks of launching VoIP services. Fiber service providers that partner with Alianza can deliver a full suite of residential and business communication services.
“FTTH service providers have the luxury of building their voice services for the future without being burdened by obsolete, hardware-based voice architectures,” commented Justin Cooper, Vice President of Business Development at Alianza. “Our approach to deliver voice as an application in the cloud provides an integrated, efficient business process, with agility that empowers service provides to maximize their revenue opportunity.”
Key capabilities of the solution include:
- A simple, intuitive web-based Admin Portal for life cycle management of voice services and subscribers.
- REST APIs for back-office integration and process automation.
- Active-active service architecture to ensure service availability.
- Zero-capex, software-as-a-service business model.
- Deep, customizable feature set for home phone, business lines, hosted PBX and SIP trunking services.
- Flow-through service delivery from GLDS’ BroadHub® customer management and billing solution that now includes FTTH-based voice services.
- Certified interoperability with Calix GigaCenter® residential service delivery platforms, with additional certifications of optical network terminals and fiber-based home gateways underway.
To support and better serve customers, Alianza has joined key industry organizations, including the Fiber to the Home Council, National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) and Utilities Telecom Council (UTC).
Alianza also announced today that four electric cooperatives have selected its Cloud Voice Platform as the VoIP solution for their FTTH networks (see related announcement, “Alianza Powers Broadband Phone Services for Electric Cooperatives”).
The company will be showcasing its fiber VoIP solution at the following shows in the first half of the year:
- NRECA TechAdvantage Conference & Expo (February 28-March 2).
- UTC Rural Broadband Council Workshop (March 13-14).
- UTC Telecom & Technology 2017 (May 8-12).
- Fiber Connect (June 12-14).
Alianza radically transforms communications delivery so that service providers thrive with strong margins, better service and elegant management. Alianza’s Cloud Voice Platform is a web-scale, turnkey, virtualized software solution that enables cable, mobile, telco and other broadband providers to rapidly customize, launch and profit from VoIP and UC services. The power of Alianza’s cloud delivers a lower total cost of ownership and a clear business case for VoIP with a zero-CAPEX, success-based SaaS model. This new way to deliver voice service untangles service providers from the restraints of old-school voice networks and accelerates innovation and growth. Learn more about Alianza at www.alianza.com, and connect with the company on Twitter and LinkedIn.